Career and College Information
To graduate from Ephrata High School, students must complete the necessary credit requirements, complete an approved Graduation Pathway and complete a High School and Beyond Plan.
High School and Beyond Plan
The High School & Beyond Plan (HSBP) is a collection of written documents that helps students set goals for the future and then take the steps needed to achieve those goals.
- The student’s interests and abilities, and the relationship to his/her current career goals;
- A four-year plan for courses taken during high school that is aligned to fulfill high school graduation requirements;
- Identification of exams student needs to graduate from high school and for post-secondary goals (State assessments, ACT, SAT, etc.);
- Research on postsecondary programs related to the student’s goals;
- A completed resume or activity log;
- A budget for life after high school; and
- Demonstration of preparedness through presentation of HSBP.
Students who are focusing on Career & Technical Education (CTE) courses in high school will complete a minimum of 2 credits in one program area through a CTE Graduation Pathway specialization. This plan, along with the student’s classroom instruction, will provide practical experience and enhance the student’s personal communication, leadership, and teamwork skills.